GE Appliances, a Haier company Senior Manager- Materials in Columbia, South Carolina
USA, Columbia, SC
Job Posting Title
Senior Manager- Materials
This staff level position will be responsible for ensuring the leadership and continuous improvement of the Materials function at the Camden, SC location. Broad responsibilities include: factory scheduling, parts procurement to meet fill rate metrics, and partnership with lean to minimize waste and optimization of material flow.
What you will Do
· Provide direct leadership of Camden Materials team.
· Work with team to drive improvement of safety, quality, cost and delivery targets
· Develop long term part production plans (PFEP) for current production and NPI's assuring minimal obsolescence.
· Manage material availability to support production and customer requirements through corrective actions for availability/span issues, improved supplier response times, transportation planning and inventory management
· Manage schedule changes to minimize production losses
· Demonstrated experience in forecasting, working with product management/sales and status monthly and quarterly inventory levels to achieve goals.
· Determine strategic inventory plans that achieve business inventory commitments, while balancing customer lead time/business OTD requirements.
· Drive inventory reduction through improved material planning, supplier cycle reductions, work in process improvements, vendor managed inventory, etc.
· Interface with all customers, both internal and external, to develop daily shipping schedule
· Responsible for the overall inventory management process emphasizing reduced inventory levels and increased inventory turns.
· Manage portfolio of parts suppliers
· Track and own inventory control of all parts and finished goods
· Manage respective transportation and logistics costs to reduce inventory and drive year over year productivity. Manage other special projects as necessary.
· Minimize inventory levels, scrap, and recycling processes
· Proactively drive continuous improvement.
· Materials programs utilizing Lean/Six Sigma methodologies and practices.
· Must be detailed and proficient in data analysis.
· Must be able to implement improvement programs and maximize performance in meeting business objectives.
· Ensure all GE required tools, programs and management systems are properly implemented and that Supply Chain/Materials documentation required to support programs and management systems are comprehensive and up to date.
· Support plant/product variable cost productivity initiatives
What you need to Succeed
· BS Degree in Supply Chain Management or related field of study.
· Proven materials leader with 7 years’ experience in production control, forecasting, master scheduling and/or LEAN initiatives in a fast paced, high volume manufacturing environment
· Minimum of 3 years’ or more experience of managing direct reports. The successful candidate must be a proven leader, facilitator, and coach to bring focus, efficiency, and accelerate preventative program execution.
· Minimum 3 years’ or more experience working with ERP and documentation systems (Oracle, SAP, Aegis, Agile, etc.).
· Ability to interface effectively with all levels within the company as well as organizations outside GE as needed
· Prior experience in managing change, implementation of new processes
· Strong problem solving, quantitative and analytical skills
· Strong planning/forecasting capabilities
· Lean and Six Sigma certification
· APICS Certification
· Working conditions are normal for a high volume manufacturing environment.
· Work may involve lifting of materials and product up to 30 pounds and working in and around heavy equipment.
· Working in this environment requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to; eye safety glasses, hearing protectors, work boots, and hardhats.
· These roles will require frequent walking in a manufacturing plant environment.
· 20-30% travel may be for domestic and/or international travel to supplier sites/ plants, etc.
· Hours & Weekends: Working off-shift and weekends may be required.
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.