GE Appliances, a Haier company Community Senior Manager, FirstBuild in Louisville, Kentucky
Job LocationUSA, Louisville, KY
Job Posting TitleCommunity Senior Manager, FirstBuild
The ChallengeFirstBuild, a wholly owned subsidiary of GE Appliances, a Haier Company, has the mission to invent what’s next for the home, socially. As an innovation incubator FirstBuild combines its global co-creation community and on-site micro-factory, to bring ideas to reality utilizing our design/build/sell approach finding the next breakthrough innovations for GE Appliances.
The Community Senior Manager, FirstBuild is responsible for the overall strategy and leading the efforts to build the FirstBuild Community both locally and globally and increase engagement in the development process. By utilizing social media, public relations efforts and events, the role will strengthen the FirstBuild brand as an innovation leader that is powered by community.
What you will Do
Lead FirstBuild’s overall Community efforts and global brand.
- Strengthen and grow FirstBuild’s Community and external content. Lead efforts to create engaging outward facing content to grow Community membership and attract external partners.
- Create and lead an ‘ideas factory’ area in house to accelerate concept creation from Community members.
- Ensure PR activities, media engagement and events drive Community growth and FirstBuild brand awareness.
- Identify and attend key external events to build Community and provide a platform to communicate new products and ideas and collect real-time feedback.
- Identify and lead in-house events and activities to build and strengthen local community engagement.
- Grow the FirstBuild brand at other global locations, ensure that branding communication is consistent, effective, and considers local culture.
- Continuously pulse the team on the brand mission to ensure it is growing and that it represents expanding team capabilities and any new business expectations.
What you need to Succeed
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college
- Minimum 7 years marketing and/or public relations experience
- Prior experience engaging with public/media relations
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial experience and mindset
- Expertise in digital tools, branding and advertising
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute a strategy that drives results
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work scheduled extended hours in the evenings and weekends.
- Must be willing and able to travel to vendors and key stakeholders up to 25% of time
- Master’s degree in marketing or business
- Prior start-up/ entrepreneurial experience
- Prior experience developing and executing product media campaigns
- Prior experience building external brands
- Prior experience leading a team; preferably commercial and/or product development teams
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.