GE Appliances, a Haier company Plant Quality Floor Leader – Refrigeration in Louisville, Kentucky
USA, Louisville, KY
Job Posting Title
Plant Quality Floor Leader – Refrigeration
The Quality Floor Leader owns the day to day plant quality metrics. Key metrics include: Quality yield, SCR, OGR, Scrap, and overall Quality plan compliance. Responsible for setting strategy for management and quality analyst in organization across all shifts.
What you will Do
*Live, promote and teach the GEA Appliance Production System philosophy and drive continuous improvement in the technical process areas. Coach and develop team leaders to ensure standard work and escalation processes are followed
*Lead the day-to-day ownership of all plant quality metrics including SCR, Yield, OGR, Scrap and Quality plan compliance.
Monitor quality yield and Repair data/reports for repairs and replacement parts to assess trends (particularly negative) and significant or abnormal changes; drive resolution of factory driven issues with responsible owners to improve first pass quality yields, increase schedule compliance and reduce OGR.
Monitor Service Calls Per Day for trends (particularly negative) and significant changes; drive resolution of factory related issues with responsible owners - Reduce service call outgoing rate (protect the customer) and reduce concessions costs.
Respond to alerts driven by factory non-compliance or levels of parts being rejected or replaced - investigate root cause to ultimately reduce scrap.
Review scrap data and reports to assess abnormal scrap levels and drive root cause and resolution with PIEs and other personnel to decrease scrap costs and improve productivity.
Gauge Calibration Leader – Coordinate recall and compliance to gaging procedures.
Drive CTQ compliance: Look for repeating non-compliance on factory processes; drive root cause and resolution with PIEs and other personnel to enforce WSBR (CTQ) compliance. Ensure qualified operators are on the job at all times to reduce errors/defects by operators.
Plant Audit Lab Manager - Review Production testing / Functional testing reports (e.g. EOLA/CAT/CUT; Audit testing, Reliability testing, etc.) and drive response to failures and abnormal results to promote early excursion detection through customer usage type testing.
Monitor the impact on scrap/yield of design and process related changes. Monitor trials and Pilot runs to determine approval status.
Lead hourly quality team, this includes daily floor coverage, timecards, training, and performance issue resolution. 2nd shift Quality Floor Leader reports directly to this position.
What you need to Succeed
· BS Technical degree or comparable experience required.
· Six Sigma training / Green Belt Certification.
· Minimum of 5 years experience in manufacturing/operations.
· Proven ability to influence and drive change
· Solid verbal/written communication skills coupled with strong interpersonal skills.
· Advanced computer skills - high proficiency in Microsoft products (especially Excel) and ability to grasp new systems quickly
· Strong project management and analytical/problem solving skills with demonstrated ability to scope and analyze cross-functional problems to generate/implement solutions.
· High initiative, self-starter, proactive, dedicated, results oriented, a team player.
· Some travel may be required.
· Knowledge of Appliances manufacturing processes.
· Experience & training in lean manufacturing practices.
· Six Sigma Black Belt certification.
· Quality Leadership Experience
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.