GE Appliances, a Haier company GEDP in Seongnam-si, South Korea
KOR, Seongnam-si, Gyeonggi-do
Job Posting Title
GEDP is an intensive program for people who have a passion for technology, a drive for technical excellence. The program is designed to accelerate participants’ professional development through intense technical training and a variety of business-critical assignments.
GEDP is a two-year entry-level program consisting of four rotational assignments each lasting 6 months. Rotational assignments are engineering projects driven by real GE Appliances business priorities. The program cultivates technical problem-solving skills via advanced engineering coursework, formal reports and presentations to senior leadership, in addition to valuable work experience. Participants have the opportunity to earn real world application technologies.
What you will Do
A full time GE Appliances employee
As a two-year program with four technical rotational assignments, each rotation will have varying responsibilities, job duties, and expectations.
3 rotational assignments in Korea and 1 rotational assignment in US
GEDPs receive targeted training from seasoned engineers and participate in projects to develop them into well-rounded software engineers.
What you need to Succeed
• Bachelors degree or higher in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field (Masters degree preferred)
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written (Korean & English)
• Deep experience with C (must have) and C++ (optional), lua (optional), python (optional)
• Completion of a military service and no issue on travel to abroad
• Completion of GE Appliances-specific and relevant technical coursework
• Cumulative GPA >=3.0 (out of 4.0)
• Completion of a GE Appliances-sponsored Masters degree for those who do not already have one is required
• Passion / aptitude for technology
• Previous hands-on, technical internships
• Personal application of technology through hobbies, start-ups, consulting (e.g. web development)
• Leadership role(s) on campus
• IT/software development activities/club involvement
• Excellent academic record, have experience in technical writing
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, bilingual proficiency in English and Korean
• Demonstrate quick learning skills and analytical approach to problem-solving
• Passion for technology, innovative spirit, committed to a career in technology/engineering
• Has leadership potential, able to deal effectively with stressful situations
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.